Join me on my travels around the globe

About Me

My photo
East Sussex, United Kingdom
I'm a 62yr old AOL refugee, living on the south coast of England. I love travelling and sharing my photos. I live with Nina and Katinka, my two Maine Coon cats.

Followers

Email Subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Crystal Clock

Thursday 23 September 2010

Bonnie Scotland

Hi everybody! Long time no see! I've been absent from journals for so long now but after a wonderful trip to Scotland last week I wanted to put some photos up here.
The above photo is of Eilean Donan castle which is close to Kyle of Lochalsh. We stayed at Fort William and toured the Western Highlands which includes Glencoe. We also went to Kyle of Lochalsh where the road bridge connects to the Isle Of Skye. I got lots of photos of Skye, it's such a pretty island. We also had a trip up the Great Glen, past Loch Ness to Inverness. We didn't see Nessie, we stopped at St Augustus which is on the shores of Loch Ness.
Scotland is a beautiful country, everywhere was so scenic and colourful with heather growing wild everywhere. The weather was better than forecast. We only had rain at night when we were tucked up in bed, which is as it should be! Lol! During the day we had a couple of showers which only lasted a few minutes and produced quite a few rainbows. I've not added too many photos tonight as it's getting late so I'm going to leave you to look at the photos and I'll be back soon to add more. Those of you on Facebook may have seen these as I put them on there when I came home.

This is the blacksmiths forge at Gretna Green where young couples used to elope to to get married.

This is the harbour we stopped at on our arrival at the Isle of Skye.


This was one of my favourite places, Rannoch Moor. It's the largest peat bogland in Europe and is just so wild and rugged.


Rannoch moor again. The sun's rays really lit it up.



The Great Shepherd of Glencoe, it looks over Glencoe village.





The Three Sisters of Glencoe. It always looks so brooding and atmospheric. The Massacre of Glencoe took place here, the Campbells killing members of the McDonald clan.





One of the many lochs we passed on our way to Glencoe.




I loved this bridge, I could only get a shot of it as we passed on the coach.





There are just so many lochs in Scotland, all of them beautiful, even in the mist!




The Isle of Skye again, such a peaceful place.



Inverness castle, it's in a lovely position on top of a hill looking over the river Ness which runs through the city.


Another pretty river on the Isle of Skye.



This little guy is a Barn Swallow, he came and posed for me on the balcony of our hotel room, even waiting for me to change the lens on my camera!



Isle of Skye again!



I can't remember the name of this loch, it may be Loch Oich or Loch Lochy, I just love the tranquility here!


This is Portree, the capital of the Isle of Skye. We stopped here for dinner.


I hope you liked the photos, there's lots more where those come from! Lol! I'll post them in the next few days. What always put me off before was loading them all onto Photobucket first but Blogger seem to have made adding them straight from the computer much faster now.
I forgot to add a signature, that's what happens when you're away so long!
Jeannette xx

8 comments:

Aileen said...

Just online waiting for medication to take effect (in the wars again, see my latest entry) and so loved this Post. Good to relive via the pictures, my first Holiday with Allan(1988)He always referred to me as Eileen Doonan(nickname)and I have a framed picture that he took.He camped Isle of Skye last summer..
Was thinking of you this week, as we should have been 'down south' from the 18th.
Aileen...X

*Such a struggle, typing with one finger ;>)

Adirondackcountrygal said...

Jeannette, just lovely! I will have to travel to Scotland some day!

Ally Lifewithally said...

Jeannette it is lovely to see a posting from you and the photographs of Scotland are beautiful ~ looking forward to seeing some more ~ glad you are safely back home ~ Ally x

Jeanie said...

What fabulous photos of my homeland Jeannette!
I too visited all those places you talk about, about three years ago. I was just as enthralled as you were by the majestic beauty of Scotland and the many, many lochs en-route.
I would love to go back again but here I am seeing it all anew through your eyes. That's smashing!
Thanks for that. I am away over to browse your Facebook album now.
Take care.
Jeanie xxx

Jan said...

How lovely to see an entry from you ,Idont post nearly enough myself ,so pleased you enjoyed Scotland ,its so Beautiful isnt it ,Thankyou for sharing your lovely holiday ,I hope both you and Andy are well ,take care ...love Jan xx

Helen said...

Great pictures Jeannette. Glad that you had a great trip. Thanks for sharing all that scenery. Helen

Julie said...

The lighting is beautiful on your harbour shots and the area is lovely.

Linda :) said...

I'm so glad I have you to share all these wonderful places you visit... lol... The pictures are so magical and mystical.... and I so love castles! :)

My Creative Spirit award given to me by Gina

My Creative Spirit award given to me by Gina

Superior Scribbler award given to me by Jeannette

Superior Scribbler award given to me by Jeannette







Powered By Blogger

NASA Image of the Day

NeoCounter

The WeatherPixie

Maukie - the virtual cat

Site Meter

My Blog List