Join me on my travels around the globe

About Me

My photo
East Sussex, United Kingdom
I'm a 62yr old AOL refugee, living on the south coast of England. I love travelling and sharing my photos. I live with Nina and Katinka, my two Maine Coon cats.

Followers

Email Subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Crystal Clock

Friday 24 September 2010

Cairns, Lochs and Munros

Here I am again as promised! I didn't like the way that the photos turned out last night, they were so small that I decided to add them to Photobucket today and post them through there as I normally do. Photobucket has got antsy and will only show me every other page, trying to tell me that all the even number pages aren't available! I pay for Photobucket Pro, is it too much to expect to be able to find my photos there?! And now Blogger have decided I can't post any more than fourteen photos per entry! It used to be twenty four. Oh well, I shall just have to do more entries won't I?!
Thanks for your comments on the last post, it's good to see old friends here again! Scotland is a land of grandeur and majesty. There's so much untamed wilderness out there, I loved seeing it! I was talking to somebody at work who said he'd never go to Scotland because he knows he'd love it too much and never want to come home again! It does take you like that, it's incredibly beautiful and you could never tire of the scenery which seems to change as the weather changes.
Anyway, enough of my rambling today and on with the photos. Some may be duplicated from the first entry but they'll be bigger and clearer.... I hope!
The header photo is of a cairn on Rannoch moor. A cairn is a burial tomb and this one was constructed in memory of Sir Hugh Munro and all the other climbers who have lost their lives in the Scottish Highlands. Any mountain over 3,000ft in Scotland is called a Munro after Sir Hugh Munro who made it his mission to climb them all. He completed 283 leaving one unclimbed at his death in 1919.
The first photo is taken where we stopped on Rannoch moor. The sun was trying very hard to put in an appearance!
Looking in the opposite direction on Rannoch moor.


It's like Switzerland without the snow!











It must be idyllic to live in that house in the middle of nowhere!


This was taken from Suidhe View just up the road from Loch Ness. Our driver calls it the Lager Route as it reaches places no other coaches go! Lol! He said if a lot of coaches started going up there the police would stop them as the roads are so narrow in places and there are no lay bys
to let others pass. The view was one of the finest in Scotland and the sun came out for us too!















This last one from Suidhe View looks almost like a painting. I may do another entry tonight just to get some more photos on before I go back to work. I'm not adding signature tags because it means I shan't be able to add all the photos I want. Back later!!




Oops, that wasn't the last one.... this is the last one!!

5 comments:

Julie said...

As usual I love all your photos, wish I was there. Thanks for sharing.

Jeanie said...

Thanks for popping by my journal Jeannette. Yes I live in the Lakes. I noticed that you had been here in the summer holidays too. I am always busy with family and friends visiting at that time, two more would not have hurt. lol
The roads in Scotland are so long and empty....aren't they? It seems as though you have the whole country to yourself as you tour along. A magical place.
Jeanie xx

Ally Lifewithally said...

Jeannette the pictures are lovely Scotland is such a beautiful place ~ looking at your pictures makes me want to go back there maybe I will next Summer ~ Ally x

Adirondackcountrygal said...

Incredible, I love second to last the most!

joerly said...

When i see the first photo,i have loved it! !

My Creative Spirit award given to me by Gina

My Creative Spirit award given to me by Gina

Superior Scribbler award given to me by Jeannette

Superior Scribbler award given to me by Jeannette







Powered By Blogger

NASA Image of the Day

NeoCounter

The WeatherPixie

Maukie - the virtual cat

Site Meter

My Blog List